THREE BODIES, FIVE SHEATHS
The Three Bodies:
Gross body – the physical body and its attached karma
Subtle body – the senses, breath, energy, intellect
3. Causal body – the innermost body, and the link to the universe; closest to what Hindu’s call the Atman, the divine within.
The Five Koshas (Sheaths):
1. Annamaya Kosha: The physical/food sheath – Skin, bones, muscles, etc.
Pranamaya Kosha: The energy
sheath –Breath, circulation, movement of fluids (lymph). Manifests a
universal vital energy that animates the physical body.
Manomaya Kosha: The mind sheath –Thoughts ,
opinions, emotions, sensations, pain and pleasure. Sleep switches this off.
4. Vijnanamaya Kosha: The Wisdom sheath – Intuition. Visceral. Discernment, self-awareness, insight.
5. Anandamaya Kosha: The bliss sheath – Wholeness. Integration. Communion. Pure and radiant, bliss body. Selflessness. A sense of unity with all beings. Flow.
TERMS AND QUESTIONS
2. Annamaya Kosha
3. Pranamaya Kosha
4. Manomaya Kosha
5. Vijnanamaya Kosha
Describe the three bodies
2. How is each body associated with a specific kosha?