Terms and Questions:
1. Genetic fallacy
2. homo religious
3. Rudolf Otto
4. homo sapiens
1. How can it be argued that religion is a universal
dimension of human experience? Do
2. Is it possible to define religion in a way that is
useful for its study? What are some
of the criteria for a good definition for religion?
3. Give some examples of definitions that fall short and
4. How do Livingston and Meckel
5. Why does the author think that people inherently
religious? Can you offer other
6. Why study religion?
7. What do you think is the relationship between religious commitment and objectivity in the study of religion?